It’s less than a week away from Halloween and I am bringing you an extra spooky appetizer. Spooky Worm Flatbread Pizzas will be the hit of your Halloween party. Naan flatbread is topped with your favorite marinara, mozzarella cheese, and piled with caramelized red onions that will have your guests doing a double take.
Spooky Worm Flatbread Pizzas
1 Naan Flatbread
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup marinara
1 cup red onions, sliced
1 tsp butter
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat. Add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Saute the onions about 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Add the water and continue to saute until the onions begin to caramelize. About 5 more minutes.
- Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs. To Assemble:
- Place the flatbread onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread the sauce over the flatbread.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella.
- Load on the onions/worms.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
xo Ali Taylor