Dark Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
Crispy on the outside and delightfully chewy on the inside.
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 bag dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add the coconut to a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla with a hand mixer until glossy with soft peaks.
- Fold the cooled, toasted coconut into the whipped egg whites.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave a little space in between, about an inch. They won’t spread too much. 6.Bake for 12-15 minutes. Until lightly golden, or to your preference.
- While the cookies cool, mix together 1/2 bag dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir. Microwave for 10 second intervals stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip each cookie into the chocolate. Place back onto the parchment paper and into the freezer to set.
- Keep fresh in an airtight container up to 4 days in the fridge.
xo Ali Taylor
One reply on “Dark Chocolate Dipped Macaroons”
[…] Dark Chocolate Dipped Macaroons are the most involved recipe on this list, but they are so worth it. The macaroons are light, airy, and filled with coconut. The dark chocolate dip and drizzle is a lovely complement. Plus, they are a low cal dessert, so you can have that extra cookie without the extra squats. […]