Dark Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
Crispy on the outside and delightfully chewy on the inside.
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 bag dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add the coconut to a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla with a hand mixer until glossy with soft peaks.
- Fold the cooled, toasted coconut into the whipped egg whites.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave a little space in between, about an inch. They won’t spread too much. 6.Bake for 12-15 minutes. Until lightly golden, or to your preference.
- While the cookies cool, mix together 1/2 bag dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir. Microwave for 10 second intervals stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip each cookie into the chocolate. Place back onto the parchment paper and into the freezer to set.
- Keep fresh in an airtight container up to 4 days in the fridge.
xo Ali Taylor