Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! It finally feels like fall, so let’s kick off soup season with this deliciously simple 5 Ingredient Tomato Soup. This panty recipe is ready in no time at all. Plus, its the perfect cozy Meatless Monday meal. Serve it with some crusty bread and a green salad, or toast up some golden grilled cheese for a classic meal. Any way you dish it up, it is a definite fall favorite.
5 Ingredient Tomato Soup
A quick and delicious tomato soup better than the canned stuff.
28oz. can whole tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh oregano
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup white onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large deep skillet to medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the onions, salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme. Saute 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet, squishing them in your hands.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or Vitamix and blend until silky smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with some crunchy croutons, fresh bread, or as is.
xo Ali Taylor
2 replies on “5 Ingredient Tomato Soup”
Yum that sounds amazing! We just made this lentil soup for Meatless Monday, so good!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you! I will check it out. I love lentil soup.